Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
School Vision and Values
At Edlesborough School we promote and develop learning in the pursuit of excellence, endeavouring to excite and encourage our children to aspire for the best they can accomplish. We care for all our children, families, colleagues and governors, who work together to ensure everyone achieves and contributes to benefit the school and community.
Our school motto:
Together we achieve the extraordinary
As a school our ethos is always to:
- Be welcoming, caring and approachable
- promote fundamental British values and pupil’s spiritual, moral, social, cultural and physical development
- be totally inclusive
- Provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum
- be dynamic in thinking and outlook
For our pupils to:
- be seen as individuals, who are respected and understood
- be nurtured, feel safe and secure
- have teachers who motivate, support, challenge and provide access to the curriculum for all children through high quality resources and the appropriate variety of teaching and learning styles
- enjoy and engage in learning and develop as a fully rounded person able to discuss and question rationally and calmly in all social situations
- have learning which equips them for future life in modern day Britain
- input and contributions are valued and sought
- are involved in and know how to support their child
- are heard, understood and their concerns taken seriously
- take part in the whole school community
We warmly welcome visits to allow you the opportunity to see us in action and meet everyone.